Are you the kind do dig through dusty boxes of nostalgia in the hope of finding a goldmine of found photographs? Do you see something in everyday photographs that others might not? Or maybe your thing is deciphering the hand-written notes on the back of your family jewels? Whatever your niche in the ever-growing world of found footage, we’ve concocted a challenge for you whose main draw in the chance to get your work published in our next edition. Deadline for submission is Friday 9 August. Read on for full details…
We’re slowly starting to put our October edition together (out 25 October) which is, in essence, a celebration of poor quality. We’ll be doing an extensive feature on ‘Wedding Photography’ in the edition’s photography section, calling-upon a wide range of found footage fans to propose one visual of their choice which references the subject matter.
This is what you need to do to take part:
- Find one visual which, in one way or the other, references Wedding Photography. From church interiors and dance floor leftovers to wedding-day dress codes and flowery automotive processions, everything goes as long as the order of the day is two people marking their lifelong alliance.
- Email it to email@example.com with ‘Third edition found footage call’ as the subject and making sure to include:
- The source (where you found the visual)
- Name of the author/photographer if available
- When and where did you find the visual?
- Why you found the visual relevant?
- The date you found the visual
- A short biography of yourself (Date and place of birth, location, education and current occupation)
- The visual(s), making sure to respect the following technical specifications:
- 300 dpi
- .jpeg, .tiff, .psd
- Minimum size: 10 x 15cm
- Ideal size: 19 x 25.5cm
Deadline for submission is Friday 9 August and we will notify you by email prior to going to print if your submission makes the cut.