1. Future Simple at Alice Gallery, Brussels
What? A group show featuring paintings, installations and mixed media works.
Who? Sophie d’Ansembourg (BE), Gauthier Leroy (FR), Yu Matsuoka (JP, pictured above), Mathias Pol (FR) and Paul Wackers (US).
When? From 23rd January to 14th March. Opening Thursday 23rd January, 18h00 to 21h00.
Where? Alice Gallery – 4 Rue du pays de Liège (1000)alicebxl.com
2. The Sound of the Belgian Underground at L’Ancienne Belgique, Brussels
What? Ten underground Belgian acts brought together at L’Ancienne Belgique by Subbacultcha! magazine.
Who? Pas de Deux, Ping Pong Tactics, Bear Bones, Lay Low, TG Gondard, Ssaliva, Maan, Miaux, Le Colisée, Ignatz & De Stervende Honden, Hantrax, Going and DJ Nosedrip.
When? Sunday 26th January, 15h00 to 21h30.
Where? L’Ancienne Belgique – 110, Boulevard Anspach (1000)
3. After the Future at stilll gallery, Antwerp
What? An exhibition of the collaborative works of two contemporary Dutch artists which explores the boundaries between fine art, scenography and formally simplified signs through a collection of objects, sculptures, large-format prints and installations.
Who? Visual and performance artist Emmeline de Mooij (pictured above) and graphic designer Adriaan Mellegers.
When? From 25th January to 8th March. Opening 24th January, 18h00.
Where? stilll gallery – 12, Laar (2140)
4. 74 miles away at VK, Brussels
What? A (free) concert. Jazz vibes laced with dusty drum sequences. Think Weather Report interpreted by The Cinematic Orchestra with a bit of Dâm-Funk.
Who? Collaborative group that sees Belgian producers MonkeyRobot pair up with jazz pianist/composer Pierre Anckaert and flutist Stefan Bracaval.
When? Friday 24th January, 20h.
Where? Vk*, 76 Rue de L’Ecole (1080)
5. Borger – Nocturnes, vernissages, finissages, Antwerp
What? A city-wide evening of late-night openings, vernissages and exhibition closings with over 15 participating institutions, galleries and artist-run spaces.
6. Traams at Botanique, Brussels
What? Garage and post-punk from England.
When? Thursday 23rd January, 19h30.
Where? Botanique – 236, Rue Royale (1210)
Four last minute additions:
1. BOOKS: Taschen Winter Sale at Taschen, Brussels (Thursday 23rd January, from 10h00 to 18h00).
2. CINEMA: Misinformation at KASKcinema, Ghent (Thursday 23rd January, 20h30).
3. DESIGN: Fab stock sale at Idealabs, Antwerp (Friday 24th January, 15h00).
4. ILLUSTRATIONS: Kevin Vanwonterghem at N9 Fabriek, Eeklo (Until 24th February).