We’re looking for an editorial assistant to join our team in Brussels. Full job description below. If you’re interested, email your CV and an accompanying letter (in English please) to email@example.com, clearly stating when you could begin and what your monthly salary expectations are.
The Word Magazine, Belgium’s leading free fashion, music and culture bi-monthly, is looking for an editorial assistant to assist and support the publisher and senior editorial staff in the day-to-day running of the magazine. The position is best suited to a journalism/communications graduate with a strong passion for media, fashion, music, the arts and events. Candidates with previous experience working in media and who display a strong sense of professionalism, passion and dedication will be given preference.
- Assist in the coordination of all aspects of editorial production:
- Editorial research, brainstorms, flat plan.
- Briefing, commissioning and liaising with contributors (photographers, writers, illustrators).
- Establishing and managing production schedules.
- Scouting locations and sourcing props.
- Write, edit, proofread and fact-check copy.
- Picture researching, image sourcing and copyright attribution.
- Assist the online editor in actively contributing to online content production:
- Assist in shaping online editorial direction.
- Liaise with contributors.
- Manage online editorial calendar and advertising schedule.
- Assist in the organization of events:
- Five album release parties per year.
- Provide a support function to marketing and sales.
- Assist with mailings and distribution.
- Daily office tasks
- Ability to work under pressure, on schedule and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to be proactive, learn fast and think out-of-the-box.
- English and Flemish (written and spoken, essential), French (written and spoken, optional).
- Journalism, advertising or marketing communications graduate.
- Minimum of one year professional experience required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Photoshop.
- Previous experience working in media preferred, but not essential.
- Driving license a plus.
We offer the opportunity to work in a stimulating and creative environment, in an office based five minutes away from Montgomery in Brussels. This is your chance to work within a young and small team and be part of an exciting venture.
Interested? Email your CV and an accompanying letter (in English please) to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating when you could begin and what your monthly salary expectations are.