What would be your two-minute elevator pitch?
We conceive an energy system for the future at the highest standards, through design and operational performance. We also consider the end-of-lifetime of renewable systems: think sustainable buildings and sites, solar and wind power assets, all embedded in new concepts of grids and storages, operating in new market designs. 3E brings innovation to the market through long-term business partnerships.
List three factors that make Brussels’ entrepreneurship landscape unique.
- Its location in the centre of Europe, meaning it’s well connected internationally.
- A great city to work and live in for its many expats – urban culture, food, quality of life, and so on.
- The proximity to the EU’s policy and business centre.
3E brings innovation to the market through long-term business partnerships.
What are the three biggest challenges you faced when starting up your business?
- The small local market, and institutional fragmentation of the energy and sustainability industry.
- Professionalisation in our organisation.
- Ensuring international relevance.
How did you benefit from hub.brussels’ expertise in the conception of your business?
We received financial and advisory support concerning the establishment and market development of foreign offices. We also received further financial aid in the form of subsidies and loans to co-finance and accelerate our innovation roadmap, increasing our position in the international competition.
List three pieces of advice you would give to the budding entrepreneur.
- Stay loyal to your values and corporate DNA.
- Hire internationally.
- If ever you’re considering giving up, just take a walk in the park.