What would be your two-minute elevator pitch?
Go around the world for the price of an iPhone! Ave Mundum is an agency specialising in cheap round-the-world tour tickets. Thanks to the integration of low-cost airlines into our international tickets and our know-how, we’re able to offer prices that are significantly lower that what you’d find on flight comparators or any other specialist agency. In fact, our prices are even more attractive if you’re up for travelling light: a method of travel that will revolutionise your world tour!
We also try to distinguish ourselves from other agencies through our qualitative advice. Our team is only made up of passionate travellers, so we’re able to give the best advice for your once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Finally, we try to convince our customers to consider carbon offsetting flights, because flying is very polluting. We’re still convinced however that it’s a mode of travel worth your while, because sometimes there’s no other alternative, and backpacking through the world is an eye-opening experience you’ll cherish for the rest of your life.
List three factors that make Brussels’ entrepreneurship landscape unique.
- Its multilingual population.
- The moderate cost of living, in comparison with other capital cities like Paris, London or Amsterdam.
- The easiness in recruiting the right people.
There will certainly be periods where you’re full of doubt. This is normal, so don’t give up too quickly.
What are the biggest challenges you faced when starting up your business?
- Finding a bank that would give us a loan.
- Making our website ourselves.
- Perpetually being uncertain about whether or not our business model would work, which generated a lot of stress.
- Not being able to pay ourselves for the first few months – with all the paperwork, it took many months before Ave Mundum was finally launched.
How did you benefit from hub.brussels’ expertise in the conception of your business?
We received useful advice from professionals in the tourism industry, thanks to their hospitality cluster.
List three pieces of advice you would give to the budding entrepreneur.
- Take advice from the right people or find an associate that has skills which you don’t yourself.
- Take the time to analyse your products and rethink it quite often.
- There will certainly be periods where you’re full of doubt. This is normal, so don’t give up too quickly.