What would be your two-minute elevator pitch?
At Beerfood, we believe that everyone must get involved in food waste management. We encourage circular economy solutions, either by supporting existing ones or creating new ones ourselves. We give a second life to spent grains by transforming them into delicious crackers. Thus, we propose a circular solution for Brussels’ various brewers and work together to fight food waste.
List three factors that make Brussels’ entrepreneurship landscape unique.
- The vast number of entrepreneurial support organisations.
- Its cosmopolitan nature.
- Its strategic location on the European level.
At Beerfood we believe that everyone must get involved in food waste management. We encourage circular economy solutions, either by supporting existing ones or creating new ones ourselves.
What are the three biggest challenges you faced when starting up your business?
- Developing three cracker recipes and high-quality products that would give a tasty second life to spent grains at the same time.
- Finding a top-notch producer who shares our values.
- Raising awareness on food waste.
How did you benefit from hub.brussels’ expertise in the conception of your business?
hub.brussels offers training, and helped us meet new people through networking.
List three pieces of advice you would give to the budding entrepreneur.
- Surround yourself with a competent and complementary team.
- Test your ideas out first and challenge yourself.
- Listen, discover and learn!