What would be your two-minute elevator pitch?
Demute is a sound studio for immersive content with strong technological know-how. We have two departments which are mutually inspired: our studio unit is dedicated to new media like XR video games, while the R&D department develops new technological tools to improve the feeling of immersion through sound. Our goal is to provide new ways for audiences to interact and engage with the content they’re experimenting with.
List three factors that make Brussels’ entrepreneurship landscape unique.
- A thriving ecosystem of companies evolving in the new media industry.
- Its various clusters dedicated in helping and promoting companies’ talents actively.
What are the three biggest challenges you faced when starting up your business?
- Gathering a network.
- Knowing when to ask for help.
- Financial management and strategy.
If you think you know it all, you’re doing it wrong.
How did you benefit from hub.brussels’ expertise in the conception of your business?
hub.brussels aided us through pitching sessions and legal advice regarding IP management in one-on-one meetings. We’ve been followed closely by assigned counsellors regarding finances, business promotion, prospecting new markets and customers, events to attend, scheduled meetings with potential customers and plenty more. We’re now also a Sail member of the mybusinesspass.brussels initiative introduced by hub.brussels at the end of 2018.
List three pieces of advice you would give to the budding entrepreneur.
- Get out there and talk to people!
- If you can’t find the right profile, make one through training.
- Don’t get too comfortable – if you think you know it all, you’re doing it wrong.