What would be your two-minute elevator pitch?
La Boule is an artisanal factory making bread: we manufacture and sell sourdough bread from our workshop based in Saint-Gilles/Sint-Gillis. A simple, welcoming and “raw” place with a little bit of rock’n’roll, La Boule includes a counter, stalls and an espresso machine for takeaway coffee. We offer authentic and local products, and predominantly sourdough – that inimitable taste in traditional bread.
List three factors that make Brussels’ entrepreneurship landscape unique.
- Brussels is a city that’s completely open to new experiences.
- It has an intrinsically cosmopolitan nature.
- Much remains to be done in Brussels.
A baker doesn’t have the same schedule as a graphic designer.
What are the three biggest challenges you faced when starting up your business?
- The fear of the unknown: I took a leap from graphic design to baking.
- A new timetable for my family: a baker doesn’t have the same schedule as a graphic designer.
- Being consistent.
How did you benefit from hub.brussels’ expertise in the conception of your business?
They helped me in refining my proposal for their OpenSoon call for projects, giving me their objective take. Their support gave me more confidence in proceeding with my project.
List three pieces of advice you would give to the budding entrepreneur.
- Believe in your project to the fullest.
- Go to the very end, despite the pitfalls, doubts and blows you’ll inevitably come across.