What would be your two-minute elevator pitch?
As we make the most environment-friendly storage product ever designed, we usually take the stairs… So we leave elevator pitches for what they are. However, in a nutshell, Maud provides a very different approach to archiving; one that emerged from our client’s needs. It’s an accessible, endlessly scalable, affordable and sensible solution for archiving the ever-growing amount of data these days. Built by users, for users! It’s made with love in Belgium and is easy to use. Maud is driven by simplicity, robustness and transparency and focusses on long-term archiving without any compromise. While we’re at it, we also push energy efficiency to the limit and compensate the minimal carbon footprint we leave behind by growing trees in our Maud forest.
List three factors that make Brussels’ entrepreneurship landscape unique.
- Brussels is the heart of Europe: our geographical position is rather perfect.
- All major players in our industry (and most industries, most probably) are located in or around the capital.
- It’s probably the most diverse city in Belgium; a true melting pot of languages, cultures, creativity and fun!
What are the three biggest challenges you faced when starting up your business?
- Finding the right people to turn our concept into a flowery meadow.
- Convincing the world that experimental projects are the future.
- Trying to eat healthy while working day and night!
Built by users, for users! It’s made with love in Belgium and is easy to use.
How did you benefit from hub.brussels’ expertise in the conception of your business?
Right now, hub.brussels is helping us see how we can take Maud Technologies to the next level.
List three pieces of advice you would give to the budding entrepreneur.
- Do what you really enjoy.
- Have a cool product and attract great people.
- Never give up!