What would be your two-minute elevator pitch?
Medianext TV is an audio-visual company working in the field of TV show productions and video formats for social media. Innovation is our strength: we keep looking for new information video formats. One of our latest products is City News, a platform giving Belgian neighbourhoods the opportunity to create information channels on social media.
List three factors that make Brussels’ entrepreneurship landscape unique.
- Its multiculturality made up from dozens of different nationalities, allowing us to work in foreign markets too.
- Thanks to Brussels’ central location, entrepreneurs are able to travel to France, the Netherlands, Luxemburg, the UK or Germany easily and efficiently.
- Brussels is a human-size capital city and living here is much more affordable than in Paris or London.
What are the three biggest challenges you faced when starting up your business?
- Finding the right collaborators.
- Developing R&D and launching new services on our own without any fundraisers.
- Finding clients outside of our professional and private network.
Success comes with experience.
How did you benefit from hub.brussels’ expertise in the conception of your business?
In addition to helping us with our strategic positioning, hub.brussels put us in contact with finance.brussels, who granted us a 100,000 euro loan. This allowed us to finance our first fictive history documentaries. We’re still producing these kinds of shows for Belgian and French channels today.
List three pieces of advice you would give to the budding entrepreneur.
- Step out of your comfort zone, it’s the only way you’ll come up with more creative ideas.
- Ask senior coaches and entrepreneurs for advice.
- Perseverance is key. Don’t give up, even if you don’t succeed. Success comes with experience.