What would be your two-minute elevator pitch?
Takumi focusses on fresh ingredients and homemade products, such as our famous homemade gyoza or iced tea and lemonade. We bring special attention to the quality of the products we serve to our customers. It’s been four years now that we’ve been serving only the best to our customers, and they give back to us by coming back every week. We’re really grateful for their support since we know that it can be quite difficult to last substantially in the restaurant industry, especially with a new concept.
List three factors that make Brussels’ entrepreneurship landscape unique.
- Brussels has a unique entrepreneurial landscape from a cultural standpoint, which is why you can now find so many different food concepts and businesses in the city. It’s great to see these cultural differences in our restaurants, either through our staff or customers.
- Brussels is a great place for entrepreneurs since we can benefit from many municipal and regional support plans, offering subsidies and consultancy from different organisations
- Another incentive comes from the clients’ side, as customers are constantly looking to experience new food concepts.
It’s been four years now that we’ve been serving only the best to our customers, and they give back to us by coming back every week.
What are the three biggest challenges you faced when starting up your business?
- Handling all the bureaucracy can take up a lot of your time.
- Getting a bank loan is not always easy as you constantly have to fight for their trust.
- Another challenge specific to Takumi is getting new customers to push our doors and come through to try a new product, as we don’t sell pizzas or burgers.
How did you benefit from hub.brussels’ expertise in the conception of your business?
Through all the information they provided on every single one of Brussels’ neighbourhoods.
List three pieces of advice you would give to the budding entrepreneur.
- To persevere.
- To never give up, no matter what problem you’re facing.
- To work hard.
67 Place Jourdanplein (1040)
Rue de Flandre 12 Vlaamsesteenweg (1000) takumi.be