What would be your two-minute elevator pitch?
The Fridge.tv is a creative hot-shop in the audio-visual world, and is a company increasingly sought out by high-profile clients in the advertising, broadcast and film industries. We are specialised in visual effects, motion graphics, 2D and 3D animation and virtual reality. We provide everything you can expect and more from a leading post-production company. Driven by our passion for technology and creativity and supported by our expertise, we create all-round fascinating and innovative stuff.
Our R&D activities focus on producing content for different content platforms through technological innovation. Our first step was to create an innovative software SYNK, with the support of innoviris.brussels. This SAAS product offers the possibility to convert 3D worlds – from cinema to gaming – easily, resulting in a cost-efficient workflow. The next steps will be to introduce this software to virtual reality and enhance our SAAS products with collaborative working tools. This will allow teams to work together on animation or CGI projects easily and efficiently. Last but not least, we focus on the simplification of production process for these projects, which significantly reduces costs for our clients.
List three factors that make Brussels’ entrepreneurship landscape unique.
- A good economic ecosystem for audio-visual production
- A strong focus on innovation.
- Excellent support by the Brussels-Capital Region.
What are the three biggest challenges you faced when starting up your business?
- Creating a new business development, finding clients and projects.
- Financial challenges: managing cashflow and avoiding late payments.
- Finding and recruiting skilled staff.
Do not hesitate to contact hub.brussels, as they can act as seasoned advisors for your business.
How did you benefit from hub.brussels’ expertise in the conception of your business?
We’ve always received the necessary support from hub.brussels ever since we were in contact with them six years ago. The team is very motivated, efficient and responsive to any kind of question and challenge we faced as entrepreneurs. The organisation of their clusters is very smart and efficient.
List three pieces of advice you would give to the budding entrepreneur.
- Do not hesitate to contact hub.brussels, as they can act as seasoned advisors for your business.
- Pick up a phone and call 1819 for all your basic questions and needs, so that you can be directed to the right hub.brussels team.
- Prepare your meeting and questions well in advance so that you can clearly indicate what you need and expect from hub.brussels.