What would be your two-minute elevator pitch?
Coming from a family of self-employed entrepreneurs, I grew up in an environment where we don’t keep track of working hours. I never really had the occasion to excel at school, but I’m always on the hunt for activities where I can simplify the work or propose an alternative approach. I’m convinced that you can always do better, by improving your work and being innovative.
List three factors that make Brussels’ entrepreneurship landscape unique.
- Brussels is unique due to its ethnic mix and abundance of languages.
- As the political centre of Europe, many different profiles and cultures rub shoulders here.
- The inhabitants of Brussels don’t take themselves too seriously and communicate with each other easily. We’re open to change and fond of novelties – and it’s with this in mind that I launched my trampoline park project
What is the biggest challenge you faced when starting up your business?
Since Jump XL was the first of its kind, it was imperative to remain objective and find the people, services, information and regional organisations that would help convince banks of my project. Exchange, listen and discuss ideas with anyone who can help you and who you trust, and accept their remarks.
Be able to anticipate and adjust your project at all steps, whilst always remaining realistic and taking into account unforeseen circumstances
How did you benefit from hub.brussels’ expertise in the conception of your business?
Thanks to their experience, they were able to direct me to the appropriate services, including those that could provide subsidies.
List three pieces of advice you would give to the budding entrepreneur.
- Believe in your project firmly.
- A market study should be taken beforehand to know if your project is truly viable. Furthermore, this will allow you to spot any errors, or areas where the project should evolve and strengthen. Be able to anticipate and adjust your project at all steps, whilst always remaining realistic and taking into account unforeseen circumstances like accidents or insurance costs.
- Above all, realise that you’re embarking on a huge endeavour – there will be days of doubt and nights of insomnia, and plenty of problems along the way where you can only rely on yourself to solve.